Our Services Include Psychological Evaluation and Treatment for:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Thought Disorders
- Traumatic Experience
- Child and Adolescent Behavior Problems
- Early Childhood Development and Learning Disabilities
The Christian Approach to Psychiatric CareOne of the things that really sets Christian psychiatric care apart from secular groups is our approach to healing of the whole person. As Christians, we understand that our complex nature goes beyond what you can see or detect within the confines of science. We are not just brains in a body. We are created beings with a soul and spirit. Sometimes spiritual issues can be the cause for our physical and emotional suffering. We believe that the use of science-based treatment is valuable, and we strive to go beyond the wisdom of man alone, leaning on biblical truth, prayer, and Godly counsel, taking into account who you are and the story that has brought you here.
Other things that make the Christian approach unique include:
- Faith-based perspectives – At Seattle Christian Counseling, we believe that psychiatric care and faith work together. Issues of the spirit can have impact on all areas of your physical and mental well-being. Getting the advice from a professional who understands the inner workings of the brain, as well as the battles you face spiritually, is wise. We honor our God-given understanding of how the brain functions along with Biblical-based ethics in treatment to help you form a happier, healthier life.
- Respect for your values and concerns – One of the most important reasons we offer Christian counseling and psychiatric care is to provide people of faith with resources for healing that respect their Christian values and beliefs. We will work with you to develop a plan of treatment with which you feel comfortable.
- A compassionate, grace-based approach – Just like Jesus showed grace and mercy to those who suffered, we also hope to provide all who suffer with a judgment-free, compassionate place for healing. We are here to help you make the most informed choice possible as you pursue healing.
- Trusted psychological evaluations, treatment, and medication management – Psychiatric care at Seattle Christian Counseling is a safe place for people to find the help they need. This includes reliable evaluations, customized treatment plans, and medication management as needed.